Student Organizations play a large role in developing as a student and as a professional artist. At EKU we offer a variety of student organizations where you can socialize, help the community, and prepare for your professional life as an artist/master craftsperson.
Are you interested in:
- Organizing and participating in social events?
- Raising funds for the organization, the department or the community?
- Organizing trips to art exhibits, museums, or to participate in professional activities?
- Contribuiting to the sense of community within the Department?
- Serving as a member of the Student Advisory Council in order to bring the student concerns and needs to the administration?
As a member of the Art Student Association, you can participate in all of these great things! If you are interested in becomming a member, contact Melissa Vandenberg!
- Want to become of member of the largest professional membership organization for design?
- Have an opportunity to exchange ideas and information with over 22,000 other design professionals?
The American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) at EKU is a student organization affiliated with the Cincinnati AIGA Chapter.
To become a member, contact Ida Kumoji.
As an active member of the AESA, you:
- Have the opportunity to attend State (Kentucky Art Education Association) and national (National Art Eduction Association) conventions.
- Participate in creating a stronger campus community.
- Participate in fundraising opportunities such as bake sale and art sales.
- Use your talents to enrich the lives of others by working at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Put a smile on a child's face by painting faces at local art fairs.
- Become an advocate for the arts locally, state-wide, and nationally.
- Play a role in preserving the arts in our schools.
If you would like to join AESA, contact Ilona Szekely